Please check out our Laundry 101 Sections for a complete "How To" guide on laundry.
For some quick tips:
- Sort your laundry first. Separate whites and light colours from dark and bright colours.
- Check the labels. It is surprising how many items have special washing or drying instructions.
- Check and empty pockets. There is nothing worse then a forgotten tissue in a pocket that is now in pieces all over your laundry.
- Check for stains and ensure you pre-treat properly. Once a stained item hits the dryer, the stain will be set and will be next to impossible to remove.
- Select the right temperature and cycle type for your load.
- Shake items out before you put them in the dryer. This saves drying time and reduces wrinkles.
- Remove clothes promptly from dryer once dry and fold immediately to reduce wrinkles.